shutdown not powering down

Matthew_Wygant@Dell.com Matthew_Wygant at Dell.com
Mon Aug 4 11:26:00 CDT 2003

The ERA, if turned on and assigned an IP, should give you the ability to
truly shut down.  Also the OMSA tool will allow for a real shutdown.

Many servers (Dell and others) do not acually power off at that point, this
is not just you.

-mattw

-----Original Message-----
From: H Eskin [mailto:heskin at eskin.net]
Sent: Monday, August 04, 2003 9:50 AM
To: linux-poweredge at dell.com
Subject: shutdown not powering down

Real Quick Question:  I have a PE 2650 running RH9 - fresh install, no
significant changes.  When I do a "shutdown now -h" the system properly
shuts down, but does not power off.  The last line on the console is "power
down", but the machine stays on. Is there any way to make it actually shut
down?  Thanks,

-Hank