afacli - removing a disk from a strip set

Sat Aug 2 14:55:00 CDT 2003

After putting the 3rd drive in your raid0 set there is no way to convert it.
You will have to blow it all away and reconfigure it or get a 4th drive and
convert and add it to the array at the same time.
Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: H Eskin [mailto:heskin at eskin.net]
Sent: Saturday, August 02, 2003 12:30 PM
To: linux-poweredge at dell.com
Subject: afacli - removing a disk from a strip set

I wanted to have two disks, plus a third for a RAID 5 setup.  Each disk is
33GB.  They are all now in one container in a stripe set of 99GB.  How can I
convert this to a RAID 5 configuration of 66GB?  I'm running RH 9 on a PE
2650 with PERC3/Di.  I can't find any way to remove a disk from a container,
nor how to convert a stripe set to RAID5 and specify the extra parity disk.

Thanks,

-Hank