afacli questions

JACOB_LIBERMAN@Dell.com JACOB_LIBERMAN at Dell.com
Fri Aug 1 12:44:00 CDT 2003

Hank,

1. Yes you can set one physical disk as a failover for any drive in the
container.
2. No, it does not need to be as large as the entire container.
3. The failover only needs to be as large as the largest disk in the
container. Verify with the "disk list" and "disk show space" commands.

To set the failover, use the "container set failover" command. For example:

Afa0>container set failover 1 (0,4,0)

To verify that a failover has been set for the conatiner:

Afa0>container show failover 1

If you ever decide to remove the drive from a container failover state,
issue the before reconstructing it into the RAID array.

Afa0>container failover remove 1 (0,4,0)

Thanks,

jacob