Scsi hotplug?

Nate Golnik nate at redhat.com
Mon Sep 16 16:44:00 CDT 2002

On Mon, 16 Sep 2002 Christopher_Stanton at dell.com wrote:

> man proc
> /scsi
>
> middle of the page states:
> echo  'scsi add-single-device 1 0 5 0' > /proc/scsi/scsi
>
> Is the man page out of date?
>
> So, should it be
> echo  'scsi add-single-device HOST CHAN DEV LUN' > /proc/scsi/scsi
> or
> echo  'scsi-add-single-device HOST CHAN DEV LUN' > /proc/scsi/scsi

Ahh the endless number of debates I have seen on the above question... Its
almost as bad as vi vs emacs :)

It actually doesn't matter either way works.  The scsi-add is from the 6.X
days.  I think they figured it would look better without the '-'.
Currently either way works.  If the man page specifies without the '-' go
with that because they might be working their way towards that.

If it doesn't work... try the other way :)

-Nate

--
Nate Golnik
	Red Hat System Administrator