PE 2650 as a file server

Peter Bakker pbakker at iccontrols.com
Mon Oct 21 08:47:59 CDT 2002

I am not using RH, but using SuSE 7.3 and kernel 2.4.16, I have been using 3
SCSI disks in RAID 5 with ReiserFS and LVM. The PE2550 has been in production
since the beginning of the year, and I am pleased with the results. I have
already made adjustments to volume sizes on a number of occasions, and some
operations can be done on a live system.

Peter Bakker