PE 2650 as a file server

bscott@ntisys.com bscott at ntisys.com
Mon Oct 21 07:05:00 CDT 2002

On Sun, 20 Oct 2002, at 7:33am, teodarren at myrealbox.com wrote:
> I hope to use Reiserfs (to handle large number of small files) but I am
> not sure about it with RAID and LVM.
>
> Anyone using reiser?

  We've been using the following for about a year now without trouble (knock
on wood):

  - Red Hat Linux 6.2
  - Linux kernel 2.2.19 (custom build)
  - LVM 1.0
  - ReiserFS 3.5.34

  The only thing we haven't tried with this mix is software RAID.  We're
using an AMI MegaRAID Enterprise 1500 controller, which is, I think,
equivalent to a PERC 2/QC.

--
Ben Scott <bscott at ntisys.com>