Error on NVRAM

Fri Oct 18 16:53:17 CDT 2002

Disconnect battery backup for the raid cache and reseat the dimm that is all
by itself on the motherboard.  If this doesn't fix it, get service to
replace the dimm for the raid controller.  Remember very important,
disconnect the battery backup before you ever pull the dimm or you just
fried it.
Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Micah Abrams [mailto:micah at micahabrams.com]
Sent: Friday, October 18, 2002 4:42 PM
To: linux-poweredge at exchange.dell.com
Subject: Error on NVRAM

Dear list --

I am trying desperatly to install redhat on my poweredge 4400 server.  I
have tried 6.2,7.3 and 8.0 (all retail versions) with no success.  Basically
the install goes along fine at first and then just freezes about half way
through.  I can see the light on the raid controller (perc2) card freeze as
well when the install hangs.  Switching to the debug windows I can see the
following error:

aacraid:  Uncorrectable ecc error on NVRAM DIMM
aacriad:  Fatal Error see system event log
aacraid:  NO CORE DUMP, Trace not started

This is on RH 8.0 install, but I get similar errors on the 7.3 install.
What gives?  The raid card is practically brand new.  Dell replaced it about
a month ago.

Any help you guys can give me would be much appreciated.  Please feel free
to contact me off the list if this is not list worthy.

Thanks

Micah