Web Application Question

Michael E Brown michael_e_brown at dell.com
Wed Oct 9 22:33:00 CDT 2002

On Wed, 9 Oct 2002, Jeff Vreeland wrote:

> My question is, is there a default setting I need to configure to tell
> the machine to use Iplanet instead of Apache? Or do I just need to
> uninstall apache? I do not to use Apache or do i ever want to use and I

If apache is off, it is off. Your problem is likely an IPlanet-specific
issue. There is nothing about apache that would stop you from running
another webserver if apache is not running. run "ps ax | grep httpd" to
check that apache is off, and "chkconfig httpd off", "service httpd stop"
to stop apache and also prevent it from starting at boot.
--
Michael