Troublesome PE2500 rh7.3 install - QLogic SCSI controller v. Dell RAID 3/Di (Brian Smith)

R&D r_and_d at amersol.edu.pe
Wed Oct 9 11:48:01 CDT 2002

I had the same problem with a Power.App 120

same raid card...

I DOES NOT WORK WITH: RH 7.3, 7.1, 7.0

I DOES WORK WITH: RH 7.2, Original restore CD (6.x SBE)

7.3 is able to recognize the card during the installation procces, but after
the first reboot the system does not recognizes the HDD, SCSI busm basicly
becomes a mess... mayor kernel, IRQ, ports bla bla bla, needed to make it
work under 7.3

HOPE the 8 works better, haven't test it yet. but 8.0 (0 means no good for
me at least) too green for me yet.

Easier to path a 7.2 more stable (my personal advice) than patch the
original installer version (too painfull).

  Eduardo Del Valle Flores-Guerra
FDR School Tech Support Co-Assistant
        Member of the TNT
  Phone: (511)-435-0890  EXT. 4223
Re: Troublesome PE2500 rh7.3 install - QLogic SCSI controller v. Dell RAID
3/Di (Brian Smith)