ERAC browser access?

Chaskiel M Grundman cg2v at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Nov 28 21:44:01 CST 2002

I'm having the problem described in
http://lists.us.dell.com/pipermail/linux-poweredge/2002-August/003811.html
in which no linux browser is able to access the ERA web interface (in my
case, the machine is a 2650). Is there any workaround for this? I have a
little bit of additional information: when I use mozilla and the sun jvm
plugin, the following exception always appears in the plugin log
(~/.plugin<ver>_01.trace):

java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://192.168.234.236/content.jar
        at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream
(HttpURLConnection.java:707)
[...]
        at java.lang.Class.getResourceAsStream(Class.java:1298)
        at RAObjectLoader.generateContent(RAObjectLoader.java:47)
        at RAObjectLoader.<init>(RAObjectLoader.java:16)
        at RAProxyServer$ClientRequest.run(RAProxyServer.java:201)

This error occurs while the login page is being drawn, not when the
password is submitted, and it seems that once the proxy server encounters
an error, it stops processing requests. (It does not seem to be the case,
as a recent post implied, that the problem is the rac giving the brower
cabs instead of jars. content.jar, gui.jar, vncviewer.jar, and jpeg.jar are
all exported by the rac, and can be fetched with e.g. lynx for
verification.)

Another error sometimes appears in addition to the above, and probably
occurs when the proxy server gives up. It represents the same condition
that causes netscape 4 to display the "connection reset" error.

java.io.IOException: Could not connect to http://localhost:33738/gui.jar
with response code -1
        at
sun.plugin.cache.CachedJarLoader.download(CachedJarLoader.java:306)
[...]
        at
sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadClass(AppletClassLoader.java:114)
        at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadCode(AppletClassLoader.java:501)
        at sun.applet.AppletPanel.createApplet(AppletPanel.java:566)
        at sun.plugin.AppletViewer.createApplet(AppletViewer.java:1775)
        at sun.applet.AppletPanel.runLoader(AppletPanel.java:495)
        at sun.applet.AppletPanel.run(AppletPanel.java:292)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

On a seperate note, I also had a problem getting racser-src to work in the
first place (using kernel-2.4.18-18.7.x). It seems as though the racser
kernel module doesn't export the pci uart as the first serial port. It
instead has four bogus enties corresponding to the classic PC serial ports,
and exports the rac as COM5/minor 4:

[root at spare-2650 root]# cat /proc/tty/driver/racser
serinfo:1.0 driver:1.00 revision:2001-09-11
0: uart:unknown port:3F8 irq:4
0: uart:unknown port:2F8 irq:3
0: uart:unknown port:3E8 irq:4
0: uart:unknown port:2E8 irq:3
0: uart:16550A port:EC80 irq:23 baud:9600 tx:459629 rx:9430373

Moving /dev/racser from minor 0 to minor 4 allows ppp to work just fine.
Has this ever worked out of the box?