Suse 8.1: aacraid driver hangs at boot

michael.brohl@lynx.de michael.brohl at lynx.de
Wed Nov 27 03:12:01 CST 2002

Hi Marco,

thanks for your answer. I'm currently using LILO because I've read that
GRUB cannot boot if the boot/root partition is on a RAID partition.
The interesting thin is that I load the aacraid module at manual install
without any parameters and it worked. Only the normal boot with the freshly
installed system hangs when loading the module.

Maybe it's a problem with the SMP kernel (it's dual processor machine)? I
think that the manual install uses a single processor kernel.

Mit freundlichem Gruß / Regards

Michael Brohl

Does SuSE use GRUB or LILO?  I'm assuming you had to pass special options
to the aacraid driver to install in the first place, well, you'll may have
to configure the boot loader with the same options.

Marco