DOMSA with 2.4.9-31 on a PE1650

Tue Nov 26 17:17:00 CST 2002

The 3 services fail at the end since you don't have an era or dracIII which
it default tries to bring up in the install script.  Harmless!!
Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Shaw, Marco [mailto:marco.shaw at nbtel.nb.ca]
Sent: Tuesday, November 26, 2002 5:11 PM
To: 'linux-poweredge at dell.com'
Subject: RE: DOMSA with 2.4.9-31 on a PE1650

Well installed the latest and greatest DOMSA 1.2.0 A00, and things went much
better.  Used the directory /var/omsa/dks/`uname -r` to copy the module over
from another machine.

Everything seems to work great, but I did get these errors on install:

[root at localhost APP32_LNX_MN]# sh start_text.sh
Turning off DMA on IDE CDROM drives.
Disabling DMA for CDROM /dev/hda
Checking Dependencies...
Installing...
Server Administrator Installation in progress ...
Diagnostic Service Installation in progress ...
Installation Finished.
racser: unrecognized service
racvnc: unrecognized service
racsrvc: unrecognized service

Found one other mention of them:
http://lists.us.dell.com/pipermail/linux-poweredge/2002-September/004070.htm

Can anyone put my "concern" to rest by assuring me that this was a
successful install?  Gotta go play volleyball right now, but I'll be in
first thing tomorrow morning running some om_whatever commands and rebooting
to make sure all is OK.

Marco