DOMSA with 2.4.9-31 on a PE1650

Shaw, Marco marco.shaw at nbtel.nb.ca
Tue Nov 26 13:11:00 CST 2002

I've been trying a few things (and may have to capture some info and paste it here), and have started looking through the archives.

I see seemingly conflicting info (which may depend on what version I'm reading I suppose ) as to how to move the esm module from one machine to another for dynamic kernel support.

I've actually managed to install DOMSA using 2.4.9-31 on a LAB machine with kernel headers and sources installed.  I've tried to copy the module on another machine to /var/omsa/dks/`uname -r` and /lib/modules/`uname -r`/misc, then try to run an install of DOMSA with no success.  Of course this is a Dell PowerAPP, but the web server works, so I think this is a good "proof of concept".

Marco