The system takes over

Peter Smith peter.smith at UTSouthwestern.edu
Tue Nov 26 11:25:01 CST 2002

I've had some similar experiences with Redhat 8.0 and I haven't been
able to find the cause.  It seems unrelated to hardware.  I've had a
system on which a "df" would never return.  "ps" would start to hang as
well.  They would zombie out, never to come back.  I'd wind up having to
reboot to clear them out.  I've been keeping my eyes open for causes but
haven't come across anything yet.  Perhaps this is a new glibc problem?

Peter Smith