aacraid-i/o error

Mon Nov 25 15:05:01 CST 2002

You've got a problem with drive id3 and it is causing your scsi bus to reset
and getting write errors on heavy io.  Probably need to replace the drive.
Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Patrick Ford [mailto:patrick at clickability.com]
Sent: Monday, November 25, 2002 2:29 PM
To: linux-aacraid-devel at exchange.dell.com
Subject: aacraid-i/o error

Has anyone had any luck getting the Netraid 4M card (aacraid driver) to
work properly with kernel v 2.4.x or 2.5.x.  Under heavy I/O I get
errors in /var/log/messages (see below).  Sometimes it causes one of the
disk to go offline and the systems Panics.

I've tried the following (RedHat distro)

Kernel 2.4.19 - get the below errors
Kernel 2.4.20 - aacraid mod will not load, hangs system
Kernel 2.5.48 - Kernel Panic during boot

In all 3 cases I'm compiling the aacraid driver as a mod so that the
scsi controller (megaraid) for disk which contains the root partition
loads first.  I'm also using evms (volume manager).  Again, everything
works fine until heavy I/O.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Patrick

kernel: aacraid:SCSI Channel[0]: Timeout Detected On 10 Command(s)
kernel: aacraid:ID(0:03:0); Abort Timeout. Resetting Bus 0
kernel: aacraid:SCSI bus reset issued on channel 0
kernel: aacraid:ID(0:03:0); Aborted Command [command:0x2a]
kernel: aacraid:ID(0:03:0); Selection Timeout [command:0x2a]
kernel: aacraid:Drive 0:3:0 returning error
kernel: aacraid:ID(0:03:0) - command failure (retries exhausted)
kernel: aacraid:Container 2 returning error on drive 0:3:0
kernel: aacraid:Container 2 Returned Error to Adapter Cachekernel:
write_callback: write failed, status = 5

kernel:  I/O error: dev 08:41, sector 3944352
kernel: read_callback: read failed, status = 5
kernel: SCSI disk error : host 1 channel 0 id 2 lun 0 return code = 1