2650 freezes during POST

Brian K. Jones jonesy at CS.Princeton.EDU
Mon Nov 25 10:05:00 CST 2002

I take it back.

Once I returned it to the rack, the same thing happened as did earlier.
So I pulled the kvm cables and plugged in a couple of spare mouse and
keyboard and that got me into the BIOS.  It complained about a keyboard
stuck key error, then I got to the BIOS.  When I exited the BIOS, the
machine got through the rest of the 'white bar' stage.

I shut the machine down before the actual OS started loading, and when I
rebooted I got something like

ATI RAGE BIOS SDRAM <some gobbledygook here>

Dell Remote Access Card III Detected

Initializing Remote Access Card /

And this just spins like this forever.  I don't get this from the other
2650's and this is looking increasingly flaky.  Any clues welcome.

Thanks again.

--

Brian K. Jones
System Administrator