2650 freezes during POST

Brian K. Jones jonesy at CS.Princeton.EDU
Mon Nov 25 09:25:01 CST 2002

This solution worked.

However, this is unacceptable behaviour from a production machine!
Could this have been prevented?  Why would the box not exhibit any kind
of flakiness during normal operation - why did I only see this on a
reboot?

This box didn't offer any mission-critical services, but to the extent
that it could make others in the dept. (and myself, admittedly) shaky
toward doing more with Linux, it's all kinda critical to me (I happen to
prefer Linux over Sun for some things).

I appreciate the always wonderful level of assistance from those on this
list.

Continued input appreciated, and solicited.
brian.

--

Brian K. Jones
System Administrator