Anyone used a 1655 MC yet ?

Colm MacCarthaigh colm.maccarthaigh at heanet.ie
Sat Nov 23 09:35:01 CST 2002

Has anyone used linux on those new blade 1655's that
Dell are now retailing ? They look incredibly sweet.

Anyway, before I order one, does anyone know how the USB
CD-Rom add-on copes with being booted from ? It's only
180 Euro's but I'd rather save the cost and just install
them by putting the disks in a 1650 if the CD-ROM isnt
bootable.

Does the bios (as some Dell laptops do) pretend that
it's just a normal CD-ROM drive ? Or do I need a USB
enabled kernel with the right drivers ... etc.

--
Colm MacCárthaigh