PXE?

Thomas Köhler thomas.koehler at millenux.de
Thu Nov 21 14:11:00 CST 2002

Michael E Brown wrote [2002/11/05 19:17]:
> If you have tried the "next-server" option and that does not work, then
> you may be running into a bug in Intels PXE stack. I've run into this same
> bug myself on Intel cards (mostly e100 cards), and it sucks.

The Dell Poweredge 2650 has a Broadcom adapter. Is this same bug
a problem that occurs on several cards?

> Your best bet would be to log an incident with support to see if you can
> run it down that way. I'm not sure how easy this one will be to get fixed,
> though.

I'll try that.

> Michael
>
> On Tue, 5 Nov 2002, Thomas Köhler wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I try to get a Dell Poweredge 2650 boot via PXE (pxelinux).
> > Instead of ISC DHCP, we use Lucent DHCP, and I think I've set up
> > all options correctly, still the Poweredge insists on getting the
> > pxelinux.0 file from the DHCP server instead of the tftp server.
> > Any ideas what could be wrong (or what information would be
> > needed to tell me what's wrong)?
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> > Thomas

Ciao,
Thomas

--
Thomas Köhler             Linux without limits: http://linux.s390.org/
Millenux GmbH      http://www.millenux.de/  thomas.koehler at millenux.de
Lilienthalstraße 2                            phone: +49.711.88770.300
D-70825 Stuttgart-Korntal                       fax: +49.711.88770.349