DRAC II

Daniel Grandjean Daniel.Grandjean at epfl.ch
Thu Nov 21 06:56:00 CST 2002

Hans-Peter,

You may have the same catch as we have on our PE2550 BIOS console.
The 2550 BIOS send an  ANSI query device status <ESC>[5n
and expect an device OK <ESC>[0n to go on

So it work with a terminal or a good emulation if this
query is fullfilled, not otherwise...

Daniel.

-Dear Nate
-
-Thanks for your answer. I also thought about using serial console and did some
-tests. I followed the 'Remote serial console' Howto and it worked as expected.
-But what is not working is the redirection of the BIOS. I have a PE2550 with a
-A06 BIOS, enabled console redirection, but it doesn't work!
-Can you be a little more precise on how you get the bios redirected? (serial
-line settings, etc...)
-
-Hans-Peter
-
->
-> Since the bios can redirects to the serial, and you can make the boot
-> loader and os redirect to the serial, we don't use the drac cards on our
-> systems and just use serial console.  The advantage of the drac cards
-> comes in when you have a kernel panic and need to power cycle the box.  We
-> got around this by using remoter powerswitches.
->
-> -Nate
->