DRAC II

Hans-Peter Zahno hans-peter.zahno at unifr.ch
Wed Nov 20 08:32:00 CST 2002

Hello,

Im running RedHat 7.3 on two PE2550 with DRAC II cards. Following the userguide
I installed the drac driver and utilites:
DRAC-Common-2.4.1-2
DRAC-Driver-2.4.1-4

I can access and configure drac with racconf. I would like to use my drac through
the serial port (vt100) with console redirection and system control.
Unfortunately I can't find any documentation on this issue.
Does anybody use drac in this way (I don't want to manage my server through some
windows machines)? Or, more general, what is the best way to use drac with linux?
Or, should I forget drac?
Any hints and suggestions are welcome.
Thanks
Hans-Peter Zahno