problem with disk druid on poweredge 2450 with aic-7899g

Clay Stuckey tcs at chacity.org
Tue Nov 19 16:38:00 CST 2002

When I try to install redhat 7.3 or 8.0 using the redhat CD or ftp install,
I get the following error when  dish druid first tries to access the drive
on installation:
read/write error on /tmp/sda

When I use the server assistant cd, it simply can find the kickstart.cf when
it tries to start the actual installation.

I have been able to install win2k server to this machine so the drives are
fine. I think it is a problem with the aic-7xxx driver. Any ideas? I am
downloading 7.2 just for kicks as it is the latest certified OS for this
server.

Sincerely,
Clay Stuckey - RHCE, CCNA, MCSE
Charleston Housing Authority - MIS Manager