New 2.4.18-18 kernel doesn't fix lockups

Ed Martin ed.martin at iop.org
Tue Nov 19 06:47:01 CST 2002

What do you consider better cards?

To cover my bases I recently have had installed an Intel Pro/1000 MT card in a 1550 test server I've got.  Works fine initially, and I'll be doing some performance benchmarking in the next week or two.  Not sure how this card differs from the builtin Pro/1000 XT chipsets on the 1650s?

The most recent bcm5700 driver (v2.2.26 from 2.4.18-18) doesn't seem to hang for me so far.  I haven't done any performance benchmarking yet though.

Yours,

Ed

---
Ed Martin
Head of Systems Technology and Support
IOP Publishing Ltd
Dirac House, Temple Back
Bristol  BS1 6BE
ddi: +44 (0)117 930 1102
www:  http://www.iop.org

>>> Kevin C Miller <kevinm at andrew.cmu.edu> 19/11/2002 01:15:36 >>>
For what it's worth, I've had nothing but trouble with both the bcm5700 and tg3 drivers, especially related to promiscuous mode / non-standard network operations.

Recently I've been shutting off the broadcom's entirely and using better
cards..

-Kevin

--On Tuesday, November 19, 2002 10:27 AM +1000 jason andrade
<jason at dstc.edu.au> wrote:

> Which is the default one ? I am assuming it's the tg3, and the bcm5700
> has to be downloaded.

Institute of Physics
Registered charity No. 293851
76 Portland Place, London, W1B 1NT, England

IOP Publishing Limited
Registered in England under Registration No 467514.
Registered Office: Dirac House, Temple Back, Bristol BS1 6BE England

This e-mail message has been checked by MIMEsweeper using
F-Secure Anti-Virus for the presence of computer viruses.