hardware RAID cards in PE4600

Alexander Lazarevich alazarev at hera.itg.uiuc.edu
Mon Nov 18 18:07:00 CST 2002

I've got a PE 4600, with a PERC3 QC controller in it, runinng RH linux
7.3.

We've been testing the a RAID 5 array (8 X 73GB drives) on the PERC 3 and
we've decided the 45MB/sec we are getting just sucks. So we are looking
into getting another RAID controller into the machine.

Has anyone used these:

LSI Logic MegaRAID SCSI 320-2

Adaptec SCSI RAID 2200S

Mylex eXtrememRAID 2000

All three of them talk about linux support, although the Mylex seems
questionable. Has anyone used a different RAID controller other than
mentioned above?

We are looking to get approx. 80-100MB/sec with hardware RAID 5 (8 X 73BG
drives). Is this possible with any controller?

Any ideas are welcome, and I thank you for your time,

Alex
   Alex Lazarevich | Systems | Imaging Technology Group
   alazarev at itg.uiuc.edu | (217)244-1565 | www.itg.uiuc.edu