specs for speed of RAID?

Rechenberg, Andrew arechenberg at shermfin.com
Mon Nov 18 09:50:01 CST 2002

Well, even if I get 100MB/s, that's better than what I'm getting now
(~65MB/s).  This server is a 6600 quad Xeon 1.4GHZ with 8GB RAM so I
believe I should have sufficient "spare" resources to get better than
65MB/s from a software RAID10 array.  But then again, I don't know and
that's why I'm asking here :)

Has anyone gotten better real-world performance from software RAID than
from the PERC3's?

Thanks,
Andy.