specs for speed of RAID?

Alexander Lazarevich alazarev at hera.itg.uiuc.edu
Fri Nov 15 16:17:00 CST 2002

Is there any place where I can get write/read real world testing specs for
a PowerEdge 4600, with 8 drives in a RAID 5 array on a PERC3 QC? I've
looked on Dell's website but I can't find anything like that. Also search
my documentation that came with the system and had no luck there.

I'm not looking for exact numbers, I'm just curious if the 46MB/sec. im
getting is in the right ballpark.

Thanks!

Alex
   Alex Lazarevich | Systems | Imaging Technology Group
   alazarev at itg.uiuc.edu | (217)244-1565 | www.itg.uiuc.edu