[Smartmontools-support]smartmontools

Drew Smith drew at eastvan.bc.ca
Fri Nov 15 10:24:00 CST 2002

On Fri, 2002-11-15 at 04:50, Bruce Allen wrote:
> Hi Drew,
>
> Thanks very much for your note.  I'll add a warning about the AACRAID
> controllers in a couple of prominent places.  I don't know much about how
> the SCSI code will interact with SCSI raid controllers.

	Hi Bruce; thanks for your attention!

	I didn't get a chance to see the error messages for myself, but the
colocation attendant reported that the screen was full of SCSI Sense
Errors.  You probably knew that already, but just to confirm.

> By the way, do you know if the smartsuite utilities cause the same
> problems on the SCSI raid box?

	Sorry, I only tested with smartmontools.

	I'll be testing on a Dell 6400 with non-RAID later today; which, IIRC,
is an Adaptec aic7899 Ultra160 adapter and four 72G SCSI drives.  Most
of my machines do not use hardware RAID, so one crash is not a
show-stopper.

	Cheers,
	- Drew.

--
Drew Smith (mux) <drew at riotnrrd.com>
Encrypted e-mail preferred - finger for public key.