PE2650: xbigmem vs. enterprise kernel

Thu Nov 14 15:48:01 CST 2002

Purely nothing but cosmetics, one users to understand the main difference is
amount of memory in the system is the deciding factor.  I've got that warm
fuzzy now!!!
Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Lund [mailto:slund at uclink4.berkeley.edu]
Sent: Thursday, November 14, 2002 3:41 PM
To: linux-poweredge at exchange.dell.com
Subject: PE2650: xbigmem vs. enterprise kernel

I just up2dated one of my servers with and was surprised
to see that the enterprise kernel was not updated and was
replaced with the "xbigmem" kernel instead. I'm running it
now with no obvious errors, but want to make sure I'm not
blowing support. Anyone have info on this?

Old kernel: Linux 2.4.9-34enterprise
New kernel: 2.4.18-17.7.xbigmem #1 SMP

Thanks a bunch,

--