FW: Utility partition (was: The blinking blue lights)

Thu Nov 14 15:31:00 CST 2002

-----Original Message-----
From: Boley, Steve
Sent: Thursday, November 14, 2002 3:30 PM
To: 'bscott at ntisys.com'; linux-poweredge at exchange.dell.com
Subject: RE: Utility partition (was: The blinking blue lights)

Much easier way is to edit grub.conf or lilo.conf to point to /boot
partition and then boot to dos boot disk and run fdisk /mbr and you're back
in business and can boot to either the utility partition or linux.  Where is
says boot=/dev/sda change to boot=/dev/sda3 for instance if the boot
partition is sda3.  If you have lilo you have to run lilo after the changes
but with grub just kick a reboot and you're back up no problem.
STeve