Changing the ERA password

Joshua_Giles@Dell.com Joshua_Giles at Dell.com
Thu Nov 14 11:26:00 CST 2002

Daniel,

I believe it's something like this:
racadm config -g cfgUserAdmin -o cfgUserAdminPassword -i <index> <user
password>
racadm config -g cfgUserAdmin -o cfgUserAdminPassword -i 1 123456

I don't have a box with a DRAC card in front of me, but I believe that is
the correct index for the administrator.  Doublecheck by doing a
'racadm getconfig -f <configuration filename>'

The documentation for the ERA/O cards can be found @ the support.dell.com
site documentation for your server.  Just look for OpenMangage software then
Remote Access Controllers.  The racadm Util documentation is found under the
Drac III users guide.

suerte,

Joshua Giles

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Grandjean [mailto:Daniel.Grandjean at epfl.ch]
Sent: Monday, November 11, 2002 4:56 AM
To: linux-poweredge at exchange.dell.com
Cc: grandjea at dgrsung.epfl.ch
Subject: Changing the ERA password

Hello,

What is the Linux way to change the default password of the
PowerEdge 2650 ERA remote management board?

Daniel.
_
Daniel Grandjean, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology     __  __
Address:     EPFL IT-TI, CH-1015 Lausanne, Switzerland     |  \/  |
E-mail:      Daniel.Grandjean at epfl.ch                      |o ()o _
Phone:       +41 21 693 45 35   (Central European Time)    |__/\__/
Fax:         +41 21 693 22 20
WWW:         http://network.epfl.ch                          \__/