Teaming on a PE 4600 with linux RH 7.3

Jeff Parker parkerjeff at spcollege.edu
Wed Nov 13 22:11:00 CST 2002

I do not think you can team a Broadcom and an Intel card, if you get two
BC cards here is my config for failover. Note you have to make your
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-sw0/ script with the Virtual IP
information. I took the IP's off the individual interfaces and just rely
on the VIP.

Note, you might want to be sure that you have some decent network
equipment to plug this into since it uses multicast MAC's and you might
really freak out a cheap or old switch (or a cisco).

TEAM_ID=0
TEAM_TYPE=0
TEAM_NAME=TeamSlb

# 1st physical interface in the team