Weird SCSI errors

Philip Rowlands phr at doc.ic.ac.uk
Wed Nov 13 19:53:01 CST 2002

I've found the following on several PE1650s' logs:

(scsi0:A:0:0): Locking max tag count at 64
Warning - running *really* short on DMA buffers
Warning - running *really* short on DMA buffers
Warning - running *really* short on DMA buffers
(repeated * many)

Before I spend a lot of time debugging this, can anyone tell me why
it happens and how to fix it :)

These are Poweredge 1650s with RH7.3, kernel 2.4.18-10, 512MB RAM,
1 x Quantum Atlas 18GB HDD. I haven't been monitoring closely, but these
servers should have low disk activity. There are no other kernel
messages/errors logged.

Cheers,

Phil