beep!!!

JP Vossen vossenjp at netaxs.com
Wed Nov 13 18:31:00 CST 2002

On Wed, 13 Nov 2002, Alexander Lazarevich wrote:

> only problem is there is this beep that wont stop! ack! its very annoying.
> i assume the beep will stop when the array's are rebuilt. is there anyway
> to tell it to turn off that beep? without reboot and going into the BIOS?

If you are using a MegaRAID controller, I think this will do it for the first
controller (-a for the second, etc.):
	megarc -silenceAlarm -a0

Look for "megaraid-util-rh7.3-i386.tar.gz" or newer on the Dell support site.

Later,
JP
JP Vossen, CISSP              |:::======|                jp at jpsdomain.org
"The software said it requires Windows 98 or better, so I installed
Linux..."