rebuild RAID 5 on PERC3 QC

Alexander Lazarevich alazarev at hera.itg.uiuc.edu
Wed Nov 13 17:02:00 CST 2002

I've got a PE4600 dual 2.8GHz xeon 4GB RAM system with a Perc3 QC RAID
card. on that RAID card, ive set up a RAID 5 array of 8 x 73GB drives. i
just want to test out how well the rebuild works, make sure i can do it,
before i put the fileserver online.

so i pulled one of the drives out of the RAID 5 array, and the machine
started beeping and lights turned orange, thats cool.

so my question is, is the only way to rebuild a new drive into the array
by going into the PERC 3 BIOS config utility? is there any way to rebuild
the array from within the OS?

thanks in advance, this is fun as all heck!

alex
   Alex Lazarevich | Systems | Imaging Technology Group
   alazarev at itg.uiuc.edu | (217)244-1565 | www.itg.uiuc.edu