Problems with eepro100.o in poweredge 1550 running redhat 7.3 2.4.18-17.7.x]

Mauricio Lopez R. mlopez at tie.cl
Wed Nov 13 15:23:01 CST 2002

Hi, my name is Mauricio, i live in santiago chile, I have  serious
problems with dell poweredge 1550, has two  ethernet's on board intel
82557/8/9 and in both it happens the same,  when I begin to use, dmesg
gives the following message :

eepro100: wait_for_cmd_done timeout!

Try to download the new  driver of the page scyld, but it happens the
same, it is another message, but ethernet dies and I must reboot,
somebody help me??? ideas ?

Pd: My english is very bad, sorry

Hardware

Dell Poweredge 1550
Tow nics Intel on board 82557/8/9
RedHat Linux 7.3 with 2.4.18-17.7.x kernel

--
Atte.
email: mlopez at tie.cl