Utility partition

Benito Venegas venevene at securities.com
Wed Nov 13 13:30:00 CST 2002

Rob:

Dell utility partition contain some programs useful when you want to test
HW in your machine, without to use diskette. You just to need press F10.

You can delete, but I will not suggest you that.
(Not all the time you can have diskettes :P)

I have in my laptop with dell utility partition and  RH lilo boot and it
works fine (they can live togeter lilo and dell utility parition).

Be carefull if you will use XFS. That will not work, except if write lilo
information in a swap partition (more information in linux-xfs list)

BTW, if you need to recreate partition , use dell openmanage server
assistance CD if you need to recreat it again (before to install Debian).

Good luck

vene.-