OSMA Latencies

Tim Korsrud korsrud at SEDSystems.ca
Wed Nov 13 10:46:00 CST 2002

Hi,

I am trying to use a Dell PowerEdge 2650 for a realtime application.  I
would like to run the OSMA agents on the machine, but when I run them, I get
very high worst case latencies on the order of 500 ms.  If I stop the OSMA
agents, the worst cast latency is 3.8 ms.

I have also tested a PowerEdge 1650 running the OSMA agents, and worst case
latency is only 7.4 ms.

I am running Redhat 7.3, stock 2.4.18 kernel with the low latency patch.
Latencies are tested using the realfeel package.

Does anyone know what is different in the OSMA agents for the 2650 that
could be causing the problems?

Here is the tail of the histogram for the 2650 with OSMA running:
217.4 1
222.2 1
223.7 1
337.9 1