Teaming on a PE 4600 with linux RH 7.3

Dario Palmisano Dario.Palmisano at icgeb.org
Wed Nov 13 08:26:00 CST 2002

Hello,

I have a PE 4600 (with two ethernet adapters integrated on the mother board, one
is a BCM5700, the other is a E100). This system run RH 7.3, on which I
installed:

kernel-smp-2.4.18-4.i686.rpm
e100-2.0.35-rh73.i386.rpm
bcm5700-2.2.22-1.i386.rpm
basplnx-3.0.9-1.i386.rpm

then I configured (with /etc/basp/team-sw0) both the adapter to balance the
traffic, but when I disconnect the BCM5700 adapter I loose the connection (while
I expected the other gained the control of the traffic).

Then I configured the BCM5700 as primary and the E100 has hot-standby, but again
when I disconnect the BCM5700 the other adapter does not start working.

If I run "baspcfg show 0" I do not see the E100 configured (both cases).

Where I am wrong? Does basp work with other adatper (not BCM) too?

Thanks

Dario

Dario Palmisano
ICGEB Computer System & Network Manager

Tel:              +39 040 3757330
Fax:              +39 040 226555
E-Mail:           Dario.Palmisano at icgeb.org

International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology
Area Science Park, Padriciano 99,  I-34012 Trieste, ITALY