Weird error on boot OptiPlex GX150

Sean M Lentner Sean.Lentner at nyfix.com
Tue Nov 12 13:24:01 CST 2002

I posted this on Precision list but didn't get any feedback and this machine
is going production next week so I could use all the help finding out if
this is a real issue or just a warning.

When booting up my Red Hat 7.1 default kernel 2.4.2-2 I get this error in my
boot.log:

Nov 12 09:54:05 cssdo rc.sysinit: Mounting local filesystems:  failed
Nov 12 10:42:45 cssdo rc.sysinit: Mounting local filesystems:  failed

And I get this in my messages log:

Nov 12 09:54:05 cssdo rc.sysinit: Mounting local filesystems:  failed
Nov 12 10:42:45 cssdo rc.sysinit: Mounting local filesystems:  failed

Machine runs ok but I just want a piece of mind as to what this is maybe the
CDROM?

-Sean