Slackware

Michael E Brown michael_e_brown at dell.com
Mon Nov 11 22:58:00 CST 2002

Slack distributes a 'raw' Linus kernel.org kernel. No patches. Easy on
Patrick from a maintenance standpoint, but sort of hard on people with
exotic hardware :-)

In order to run on the Perc3/Di, you need the 'aacraid' driver, which is
distributed as a patch. You can get it from one of any number of different
places. You can go to http://www.domsch.com/, IIRC there might be patched
slack install disks there. You can also grab the patch from redhat's
kenrnel source rpm.
--
Michael