pe2650 console hang

Ben Russo ben at umialumni.com
Mon Nov 11 16:30:01 CST 2002

On Mon, 2002-11-11 at 16:53, John McMonagle wrote:
> Got one report of this happening but still not sure what does it.
>
> I disabled dpms but that doesn't  help.
> I have seen X crash before on other computers but it usually recovers.
> There may be some correlation to dying in a screen saver.
> Thinking it must be something in the kernel since it doesn't recover.
> Next time I'm at the server I'll check to see if there are any kernel modules
> that Xfree86 is using.
>
> John
>
> Anyone have X working OK on dual processor pe2650 with rh73?

I have X working on all of my PE2650's, some with 7.2, some with 7.3
don't have any problems with it.  I think there are about 8 of them
in the lab..

I used a kickstart install for all but the first one.
I think I did have a problem during the setup with X probe
trying to figure out the X configuration, but I just did a reinstall
and told it to skip the X configuration, then after I had it up and
running I ran the Xconfigurator or whatever it was??  and it worked
fine.

-Ben.