Linux Rescue on PowerEdge 2650

Timothy Waidelich Tim at intelligentco.com
Mon Nov 11 15:22:00 CST 2002

Steve,

Thanks! That took care of part of the problem.  It mounts the root system
(/dev/sda2) on /mnt/sysimage, but it says that /dev/sdb2 (data) is invalid.
At that point it goes to a shell prompt where I could perform some detective
work.

By performing a "rpm -Va", I can verify that there are a lot of files
missing under /dev.  I found out through "rpm -qf" which rpm the files are
supposed to be in so I can reload the missing files, but I can't seem to
mount the cdrom.

Any suggestions?

Thanks again,

-Joe