RedHat 8.0 approval Date

Mon Nov 11 11:59:01 CST 2002

> We just received 2 Dell 2650 servers with RedHat 7.3
> Our customer would like Redhat 8.0 installed.
> When do think RedHat 8.0 will be approved for Dell.

It (and many more) are already on Red Hat's Compatability list as "Red Hat
Ready". :-)

http://hardware.redhat.com/hcl/?pagename=hcl&view=advsearch#results
This is an "Advanced" search for Dell Servers with RHL8.0.

Dell will start shipping these "soon".  OMSA support will follow a few weeks
later.

> We do not want to jepordize our technical support.

Understood.  You'll be fine if you start your work now.
-Matt

--
Matt Domsch
Dell Linux Solutions www.dell.com/linux