Hardware RAID 5 on PE 4600 and linux LVM

Dario Palmisano Dario.Palmisano at icgeb.org
Sun Nov 10 03:29:01 CST 2002

Hello,

I am going to buy a PE 4600 with 4 x 73 Gb disk in RAID 5 configuration (using
the hardware support of the PERC 3/Di controller).
I would like to know if it is possible to add other disks to the RAID 5 volume
without distrupting the previous content of the volume?
In case it is possible I wonder if the linux LVM (not used for RAID but just
for logical volume management) automatically recognize the augmented size of the
volume or maybe I need to execute some procedure?

Thanks

Dario

Dario Palmisano
ICGEB Computer System & Network Manager

Tel:              +39 040 3757330
Fax:              +39 040 226555
E-Mail:           Dario.Palmisano at icgeb.org

International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology
Area Science Park, Padriciano 99,  I-34012 Trieste, ITALY