Gotchas

Fri Nov 8 11:44:01 CST 2002

> I'm actually in the same boat here, getting ready to load RH
> 7.1 on a Dell
> 2650, w/ Perc 3/Di.

There's a driver disk on domsch.com/linux for this.  Note - this isn't
supported (we didn't test RHL7.1 on PE1650 or PE2650), there may be gotchas
we don't know about.  Also, once you upgrade to the latest errata kernel (it
happens to be the same for 8.0, 7.3, 7.2, 7.1) you're essentially running a
much newer and supported release (i.e. 7.3 or 8.0), which we know does work.
-Matt

--
Matt Domsch
Dell Linux Solutions www.dell.com/linux