PowerVault 775N + NFS3

John Deatherage john at dtiserv2.com
Thu Nov 7 17:32:00 CST 2002

I meant push 1 gigabit, on a gigabit ethernet internet connection, my bad..
=)

I don't have exact stats, but last time I checked, one of our larger
load-balanced websites pushed over 6 Tbytes a day.  About 8 hours of our day
is near full cap., and the rest is 30-40%.

We're also looking at 2650s as NFS servers as an alternate solution.  In a
perfect world, network appliances should provide a predetermined amount of
performance, but in the case of NFS, we could probably always do better with
something we can tweak more.

Storage vendors can't seem to give me any concrete NFS performance stats
unless they are charging outrageous SAN prices for their NAS.   This leads
me to believe that we should give NFS on Linux a try here - if can be done,
we can do it...

Thanks,
John