NFS mount

Ben Russo ben at umialumni.com
Thu Nov 7 12:55:00 CST 2002

On Thu, 2002-11-07 at 12:53, Edna Reid wrote:
> Getting error mount clntudp_create:RPC: Program not registered
> Running Advanced Server 2.1 on poweredge 2550, I have try the following
> commands:
> chkconfig portmap on
> chkconfig iptables off
> chkconfig ipchains off
> reboot the system

The "chkconfig" program as used above sets the system initialization
(startup) scripts to work on reboots to the default runlevels.
The "service" command starts and stops them immediately.
So, it wasn't necessary for you to reboot.
You could have just done:

chkconfig --level 345 portmap on
chkconfig --level 345 iptables off
chkconfig --level 345 ipchains off
chkconfig --level 345 nfs on
chkconfig --level 345 nfslock on
service portmap start
service iptables stop
service ipchains stop
service nfs start
service nfslock start

Do an "rpcinfo -p" on the NFS server and check it's output.

-Ben.