Power Vault 660f

Henrik Beckman henrik.beckman at sgu.se
Thu Nov 7 02:11:00 CST 2002

Hi

It is possible to connect to the 660 by tty if you have the correct cable.
I have seen instructions for doing this under SCO, it should also be
possible to get the pin layout from your
dell saleman ( its a small fan header sized connector on the cab).
You can then use minicom to connect to the 660 to retrive disk status,
this can probably be scripted.
( or write a small piece of c code...)

We got this solution running here but I haven´t scripted the check ( yet ).

This also makes it possible for you to manage the 660 from linux.

Is there any way else to do this !?

/Henrik
Henrik Beckman
Geological Survey of Sweden