No alarm event from PERC SNMP agent

Fredrik.Backman@nll.se Fredrik.Backman at nll.se
Wed Nov 6 04:31:01 CST 2002

Hi

Im running RH 7.3 on a Poweredge 2600 Perc4/Di with 2*18GB and 2*72GB
in two RAID1 logical drives. I installed PERC SNMP agent as well as
Megamon. I don't get any kind of indication when my logical drive #1
fails i.e I unplugg one of the physical drives. In DellMgr the drive
is'nt even indicated as offline or anything. When I do the same with
one of the drives in logical drive #0 it works? Am i doing anything
wrong here? Do I have to configure any of the monitoring tools to
monitor my LD #1?

Regards  Fredrik

Fredrik Backman     Länsteknik
                    Norrbottens Läns Landsting