USB wheel mouse in RH7.3 on Precision 530

John_Hull@Dell.com John_Hull at Dell.com
Tue Nov 5 14:33:00 CST 2002

David,

You need to configure this mouse specifically in the OS, as choosing a
generic mouse will not enabled the wheel (same goes for MS mice). At a
command prompt, type "mouseconfig". Within this, choose the Logitech
Mouseman Wheel (USB) and restart X. The wheel should then work.